27 Oct Halloween Journey and Beyond
Halloween joined the list of the many things that look different this year. But in Denver Waldorf fashion, we aren’t spooked about changing the face of our traditions to keep the children as safe as possible. Here’s what we’ve got in store for our beloved fairies, wolves, and poison dart frogs.
It’s on! This year, the 7th Grade will hold Halloween Journey (masks required!), a non-scary Halloween gift to our youngest students (ECE through 3rd grade):
Date: Friday, October 30, 2020
Location: East side of the DWS campus
Due to our cohorting model, we are only able to invite enrolled families. We expect that if anyone in the family is exhibiting symptoms of illness that you do not attend.
Social distancing during Halloween Journey
Social distancing will be managed in the following steps:
- Attendees will arrive on the east side of the school and park by the Kindergarten playground.
- A 7th Grade representative will come to your car to tell you it is your turn. At this point, you may leave your car.
- The walkway through Halloween Journey will be constructed so that attendees maintain 6 feet of distance between the 7th Grade students. Upon exiting Halloween Journey, please return to your car without congregating.
DWS staff who are also parents in the 7th Grade will be available to help manage health and safety protocols for the event. Masks will be worn by everyone at all times.
Halloween Lives On!
Students are invited to come to school dressed up as long as their costumes:
- Allow for free movement
- Are respectful of all cultures
- Are not characters from movies or other media
Kindergarten through 8th grade can wear costumes on Thursday, October 29 and high school on Friday, October 30.
A special treat for Día de Los Muertos
One of dear families who moved here from Mexico City is sharing their traditions in a 30-minute Zoom meeting. Keep your eyes peeled for the recorded video!